Saturday, December 5, 2009

Comments on the Advent Message

Hi Marilyn, I wanted to email you today after MOPS to thank you again so much for coming to share with us. I have also included an email from a mentor that I thought you'd like to see. Praise God for the way He works...this gal came for the 1st time today and received so much!! God is good. Please pray for Kendra when you think of us! I also wanted to tell you how much I appreciated you sharing the story of when you didn't have a lot of money at Christmas and where you found the true joy to be/. there are quite a few moms in our group in that very same boat and I know they could relate to your story. so I pray that they found comfort and peace in your words and in what God can do in their Christmas! I prayed that each mom would take away a "nugget" from your talk. I know God answered that prayer. so, Thank you again for everything. you were truly a gift to us this season. I am looking forward to celebrating Advent in a whole new way as I see it in the perspective of preparing for Christ's 2nd coming, that way all new to me, but i see it now! Have a blessed Christmas/advent season. Adrienne Petersen I met a mom named Kendra today. She was there for the first time and I think she was sitting at Leslie Figley's table. I chatted with her after Marilyn's talk and she indicated that she wanted to come to Riverview as she didn't 'know' God and didn't understand what that even meant. She had no idea what Marilyn was talking about when she talked about Advent. Her question was, 'Is that a Christian thing?' We chatted a bit and I got her the advent book from Marilyn as well as one of our Bibles (she indicated she had tried to read a Bible once but it was written in a type of wording that she did not understand) and then Leslie came up and said she was inviting her to come with the moms at her table for a Christmas tea with their children and hoped she would come. ... See MoreSo thank you for having Marilyn come. God used her to speak to the heart of young woman who in her own words, 'I believe in God and I know that Jesus died on a cross but don't know how or why He died that way, but I'd like to know what they are talking about when they say they have a relation ship with God. How do you have a relationship with God?' Marilyn indicated that if she would read and/or do the advent devotional she would know Who Jesus is at the end. How cool is that?!!!!! God works all around us. And I love it that she came to MOPS and the Holy Spirit spoke to her heart. That's what it's all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment